Bitcoin’s slump continues after experiencing a sharp price decline over the last few hours. The dip caused over $200 million worth of long positions to get liquidated.
- Earlier today, Bitcoin briefly reached $57.5k at 8:44am EST, after stagnantly trading within the $56-57k range.
- The price suddenly fell afterward, dropping hundreds of dollars by the hour. According to BitStamp, Bitcoin fell below $51k.
- Since then, the price has recovered slightly, trading at $53 372 at the time of writing. $53k is approximately the $1 trillion market cap level for Bitcoin.
- There were major consequences, however. Data from glassnode shows that $112.4 million worth of long positions were liquidated within ten minutes. Coinglass shows $221 million liquidated in the last 4 hours. That’s the largest liquidation Bitcoin has seen since early September.
- Bitcoin’s fall seems to correlate with the stock market. The NASDAQ ended in deep red today, with a near 2% drop after a very bad week.
- On-chain metrics continue to favor a mid to long-term bullish outlook for Bitcoin, in the form of an extended bull market.
Credit: Source link