Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are gradually becoming a major part of the gaming industry as the play-to-earn business model allows gamers to earn while playing their favorite games.
But most of the time, gamers are often at a loss on where to sell their in-game NFT rewards. While it is true that there are several marketplaces for trading all sorts of NFTs, most of them are not particularly designed to trade non-fungible tokens from video games.
This is where SkinFlip comes in with a platform to connect NFT gamers with traders.
What is SkinFlip?
SkinFlip is a new Solana-based project that intends to build a multichain gaming marketplace for non-fungible tokens (NFTs) targeted towards providing a trading platform for in-game assets.
It aims to provide gamers with an opportunity to trade their video game assets on its platform while attracting avid NFT collectors and traders to look for new investments, uniting both in one platform.
The SkinFlip NFT marketplace will be designed as an easy-to-use platform, with some of the lowest fees in the industry. The team will also include a vetting process to protect users from scam projects while also integrating multiple blockchains.
Currently, Ethereum is the home for NFTs as it boasts more projects than other networks. But in recent times, other blockchains are becoming increasingly popular among NFT developers, including Solana, Binance Smart Chain (BSC), Polygon, and Flow.
SkinFlip plans to integrate all of these networks and many more as time progresses and other blockchains develop smart contract capabilities. By developing a multichain NFT marketplace, SkinFlip users will be able to trade their NFTs from any blockchain.
The platform aims to become a reliable marketplace for in-game accessories, allowing gamers and traders to freely move from one in-game asset to another, all capable within one platform, using advanced trading tools and analytics.
SkinFlip Turtles is SkinFlip’s first official public project. They are the platform’s native PFP NFT collection.
It features 10,000 randomly generated SkinFlip Turtle NFTs with different unique attributes, which are all geared toward providing holders with various benefits. To allow every NFT enthusiast to hold a SkinFlip Turtle NFT, the project’s developers have organized an initial NFT offering (INO), which is scheduled to take place on December 22nd, 2021.
Everyone will have the chance to participate in the event. However, due to the limited issuing amount, only the quickest participants will be able to mint a SkinFlip Turtle NFT.
SkinFlip lists several utilities that holders stand to gain. Some of them include:
- Full IP rights to the SkinFlip Turtles NFT.
- Early access to the platform’s official NFT marketplace.
- Access to future digital products from SkinFlip and its partners.
- Opportunities to earn SkinFlip Exchange Tokens.
- A reduced marketplace trading fee via NFT staking
- Opportunity to access and vote in the SkinFlip DAO.
SkinFlip Exchange Token (SFX)
The SkinFlip Exchange token (SFX) is the native currency of the platform, which is designed to power the entire SkinFlip ecosystem.
It is an SPL (Solana Program Library) token standard. Holders of the SkinFlip Turtles NFTs earn income in the form of the SFX tokens by staking their NFTs on the platform.
SkinFlip has a detailed roadmap of its growth and development into a preferred NFT platform for video game assets. It currently includes:
- Q4 2021: In the last quarter of 2021, SkinFlip is focused on the sale of its SkinFlip Turtles NFTs. Some of the activities scheduled for Q4 2021 include the launch of its official website, building its community, marketing campaigns, the NFT pre-sale, and public sale, and listing on Solana NFT marketplaces.
- Q1 2022: For the first quarter of 2022, the project will focus on building its team, the SkinFlip Gaming marketplace, and the project’s brand. Activities scheduled for Q1 2022 include the expansion of the SkinFlip team, development of v1.0 of the marketplace, pre-sale of the SFX token, a subsequent public sale via an initial DEX offering (IDO) on Solana, listing on decentralized and centralized exchanges, and liquidity provision.
- Q2 2022: The second quarter of 2022 should see the launch of several features, including the SkinFlip NFT marketplace, staking functionalities on the marketplace, DeFi staking and liquidity farming for SFX, and listing more gaming assets on the marketplace.
- Q3 2022: In the third quarter of 2022, SkinFlip promises to work towards the integration of more blockchain networks into its platform, the listing of more gaming NFT assets on the marketplace, and the listing of the SFX token on more centralized exchanges.
- Future Plans: SkinFlip plans to continue developing its ecosystem to become a go-to place for NFT traders and gamers as it believes that the NFT industry is not a mere fad.
Credit: Source link