Justin Sun, the founder of the Tron Network, as well as the acting Permanent Representative of Grenada to the World Trade Organization, revealed today that he placed a winning bid for the first seat on Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin’s Inaugural New Shepard Rocket.
- According to a press release shared with CryptoPotato, Justin Sun was revealed as the one who placed the winning bid for the very first seat on Blue Origin’s Inaugural New Shepard rocket.
- Sun paid $28 million for it, and it all went to Blue Origin’s foundation Club for the Future.
- Per the release, Sun, as well as five crewmates, will be flying on a New Shepard flight at some point in 2022.
- With this, he will become the very first Grenadian, international diplomat and a representative of the blockchain industry to go up in outer space.
- Speaking on the matter, Sun said:
With the rapid development of commercial aerospace, entering space may become a dream that every person can realize in his or her lifetime. We are entering the era of great spaceflight. This great journey requires more people to get involved. […] The initiative of Blue Origin to take more people to space to see Earth as our singular common home is extraordinary. Club for the Future offers a way to use that experience to inspire youth around the world to dream and act on their dreams of science, technology, and space exploration. I felt compelled to help further that vision through my bid.
- Earlier this month, CryptoPotato reported that Justin Sun had become the World Trade Organization’s ambassador for Grenada.
Credit: Source link