Last Updated: 1st of September, 2021
TLDR: Your privacy is really important to us! We only use your information to improve your experience, while guarding your data and complying with all laws. You will always be able to opt out, or delete any of your data.
About the Policy
In this Policy you can find information on:
- Your privacy rights
- Transparency about how your data is collected and protected
- In what instances, if any, your personal data is shared
Types of Data
We gather two types of data about our users: personal information and tracking information (non-personal information). Below is a detailed explanation of the two types.
When you visit bottomlinecrypto.com, our system obtains information regarding your use of our Website through automated means, including, but not limited to, web server logs.
Personal data is any information about you by which you can be identified or be identifiable. This can include information such as:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Email address,
- IP address
When we refer to “personal data” in this policy, we are also referencing “personal” as defined under California law, which you can read more about here, and as defined under Australian law, which you can read about here.
How We Collect Data
We collect your personal data when you visit our Websites, subscribe for products or services, contribute to the Website or when you interact with us. We will only collect your personal data in line with applicable laws. We collect your personal data in various ways, including but not limited to:
- Personal data directly from you
- Personal data generated about you, e.g. your preferences
- Personal data we collect from third parties
If you have mentioned the BottomLineCrypto in posts on social media sites, then we may collect your social media handles. For example, when you mention the “bottomlinecrypto” in a tweet, we may collect your Twitter handle.
When you comment publicly on an article on our Website, the personal data you post, including your username and other information about yourself, are publicly accessible. We are not responsible for the way these other people use this personal data and strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal details in this setting.
How we use your personal data
The legal grounds for collecting your data may be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
- Optimizing our Services: Where it is necessary for us to understand our readers, promote our services and operate our Website efficiently.
- Advertising: To0 show you personalised advertising by identifying your interests and to create “segments” of particular types of audiences so that we may show you advertisements that may be more relevant to your interests.
- Sharing: Enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email.
- Direct Communication: When responding to your queries and to resolve complaints.
- Security: For security and fraud prevention, and to ensure that our Website is safe and secure
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16 or under the legal age of your country, if it is higher. If you are under 16 or are not of a legal age of your country, you shall not provide Personal Information on this Site.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of our Website. Unfortunately, sending any information, including personal data, via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit, and so you provide it at your own risk.
When we share or sell your personal data
Depending on where you live, we may share your personal data with other organisations that provide services on our behalf.
Agencies and authorities if required by law – We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority, or in connection with any legal action if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, where the request is proportionate, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
Social media organisations – We may share your personal data with other organisations when our web pages use social plug-ins from these organisations (such as the “Facebook Recommend” function, Twitter’s retweet function, Google+ function). These other organisations may receive and use personal data about your visit to our sites or apps. If you browse our site or view content on our apps, personal data they collect may be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organisations use personal data, please read their privacy policies.
Any organisations which access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your data and keep to all data privacy laws that apply.
These transfers to third parties may constitute “sale” of your personal information under California law. A California resident can halt these sales at any time by pressing the “California resident – Do not sell” link that is located in the footer of every page.
How long we keep your personal data
How we may contact you
From time to time we may send you direct communication, including but not limited to:
Marketing communications and newsletters
If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as new offers and updates. Depending on your marketing preferences, this may be by email, phone, or SMS.
You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email or SMS.
Sometimes we may contact you for market research purposes, for example about a survey. You can opt out from being contacted in this way at any time.
Responding to your queries or complaints
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
Special Note to California Users
If you elect to use the “do not sell” button, we will not recontact you about that choice for at least 12 months.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit our Website, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technologies. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
This cookies policy can be found here.
Your privacy rights
You have a number of rights with regards to the personal data that we hold about you and you can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- You have the right to amend the personal data we hold about you
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used, consistent with the GDPR
- Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time
If you would like to exercise any of your rights specified above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California privacy rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code Section 1798.100, if you are a resident of California you may contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of Access: You have a right to request access to the personal data we may hold on you for the past twelve (12) months. You may submit up to two (2) requests per year of access to your personal data.
- Right to Opt-In/Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Data: For individuals sixteen (16) years or older, you have the right to opt-out of sale of personal data we may hold on you. You can exercise this right at any time by pressing the “California resident – Do not sell” link in the footer of every page. For individuals between thirteen (13) to sixteen (16) years old, you have the right to opt-in to the sale of personal data we may hold on you.
- Right to Deletion: You also have the right to ask us to delete personal data we may hold on you or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to deletion for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your California Consumer Privacy Act rights.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact email@example.com.
To help us respond as you expect, please specify that you are making a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
Your Australian Privacy Rights
The Australian privacy Act has rules around how we handle your personal information that may be different to rules in other regions. These rules are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles in force under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Australian privacy Act). We are required to treat your personal information in line with those principles, including to disclose to you what personal information we collect and how we use it, to store your information securely and to support you in exercising your rights.
Contact us for more information
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you have a concern about how your personal data is used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BottomLineCrypto is provided on an “as is” basis and without any warranty whatsoever. We and our affiliates and third party service providers disclaim, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any and all warranties, express or implied, including (but not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights, or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral or electronic. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or mobile device, loss of use, or loss of your user content.
All the things you do and all the information you submit or post to BottomLineCrypto remain your responsibility. You will not hold us legally liable for any of your user content or actions that infringe the law or the rights of a third party or person in any way.
Our goal is to serve both your and community interests, so if you have an issue or dispute, you agree to raise it and try to resolve it with us informally. You can contact us with feedback and concerns here or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Complaints and Enquiries