Another year has passed, and we saw a number of exciting trends come and go in the cryptocurrency market. One that surely had a long-lasting impact is the trend of memecoins led by none other than Shiba Inu (SHIB).
- New research conducted by Global Data reveals that the social media conversations, including Shiba Inu (SHIB), have increased by a whopping 16,000% in 2021.
- By this metric, the meme-inspired cryptocurrency and self-proclaimed Dogecoin killer dwarfs every other coin on the market during 2021.
- Commenting on the matter was Senior Social Media Analyst at Global Data, Smitarani Tripathy, who said that “social media conversations around crypto as a topic surged year-on-year by more than 400% in 2021.”
- Indeed, the year has been a major success in terms of overall cryptocurrency adoption, which was, perhaps, propelled by the massive bull market that saw Bitcoin’s price top $69K as a new all-time high.
- Despite the staggering growth in social media mentions, though, SHIB is still nowhere near Bitcoin.
- The research outlined that BTC is in the lead with close to 900K discussions, followed by Ethereum with 305K and Dogecoin with 150K.
Credit: Source link